Friday, March 2, 2012

Gold To See New Highs?

I have always been a bear on Gold, and like so many traders, always viewed the yellow metal as some kind of a bubble. But I have been proven wrong so many times in the past few years on this that I have lost count. Apart from human population, perhaps the yellow metal is the only thing which has been following an upward trajectory for a long period now (may be Apple shares as well, but thats a whole different level of madness). 

As I think more over it, fundamentals aside, the demand for Gold has been rising. Earlier it was just from India, but now China has also joined the race and is expected to surpass India to become world's largest gold consumer. Everything thats being valued and demanded by Asians should keep moving up, and Oil is one prime example. So, may be, the prices have been right (as they always are), and Gold bull run is here to stay. We may see higher and higher prices on Gold in coming days. 

I would start adding a little gold to my portfolio, and see how it performs over the next few quarters. I'm hoping it would outperform the bonds over the next five years period (bonds being a nominal return asset). 

No comments: